File of a one group of products is a table file, which contains the descriptions of all products with all their characteristics, which are present in this group. ATTENTION! The file must contain only the descriptions of the PRODUCTS themselves. Descriptions of groups of products, trademarks, collections of the products are located in the other files. Name of the file with products of the group should be exactly the same, as it is specified for this group of products in the Group.csv file, "File Name" column.
In order to start filling this file for your database, please download the template, by pressing the link below:
Open this file on your computer with Microsoft Office Excel or OpenOffice Calc. File encoding - UTF-8, separator - comma.
Define which and how many products will be in your catalogue, and which characteristics would they possess. For each product you need to complete a separate line in this file. ATTENTION! Each group of products may possess its own characteristics, totally different from the characteristics of the products in other groups. For each group of products you need to create and fill a separate file with the list and characteristics of these products.
Each file of the separate groups of products consists of 30 columns:
1. First column "Code" is the individual unique number (code) of the product. If your product does not have such code, you should just make it up. The code may consist of any combination of letters and numbers. It is better if any product has a unique product in your whole database, i.e. it does not repeat for the products in other groups.
2. Second column "Group" - the name of the group of products (or services). ATTENTION! The name in the "Group" column must be exactly the same as the name of this group in the Group.csv file, "Group Name" column. If these names will vary, for example, even by containing one extra space at the end of the word, symbol or a single punctuation mark, the application will consider them to be different groups of products.
3. Third column "Trademark" - the name of the trademarks of products (or services). ATTENTION! The name in the "Trademark" column in this file must be exactly the same as the name of this trademark in the Trademarks.csv file, "Trademark" column. If these names will vary, for example, even by containing one extra space at the end of the word, symbol or a single punctuation mark, the application will consider them to be different trademarks.
4. Fourth column "Collection" - the name of the collection of the products. ATTENTION! The name in the "Collection" column in this file must be exactly the same as the name of this trademark in the Collections.csv file, "Collection" column. If these names will vary, for example, even by containing one extra space at the end of the word, symbol or a single punctuation mark, the application will consider them to be different collections.
5. Fifth column "Goods" should contain the name of your product (or service). It will be displayed on the product page in the application:
6. Sixth column "Description of goods" contains the text description of this product. This description will be displayed in the application on the page of the product:
For more convenient editing and formatting of the product's description we recommend that you first create this description in any text editor, and then simply copy and paste it to the desired cell in the table of your file with products of this group.
7. Seventh column "Price" contains the price of this product.
8. Eighth column "Currency" specified the currency of the price for the particular product.
9. Ninth column "Unit" should specify the measurement unit, which is sold for the price, specified for the product (for example, it may be "piece", "sq.m.", "set", etc.).
10... 22. Columns from 10 to 22 contain any (of your choice) characteristics of the products for this group of products. Write the name of each characteristic in the second line of the file; it will be displayed on the corresponding page of the product in the application together with its value (the value of this characteristic):
23. Column 23 "Analogs": for each product your may specify comma separated unique codes (from the "Code" column) of the analogous goods; in this case such goods will be shown on the page of this product in the application:
24. Column 24 "Joint products": for each product your may specify comma separated unique codes (from the "Code" column) of the joint products for the product (for example, for a cell phone it will be suitable cases and chargers); in this case such goods will be shown on the page of this product in the application:
25... 30. In the columns from 25 to 30 you may specify links to the product photos. Column 25 will contain a link to the main photo of the product, columns from 26 to 30 - links to five additional photos. All links should be a DIRECT links to JPG or PNG files, which will be displayed as a main or as an additional product photo on the product's page in the application:
ATTENTION! If you specify the full link to the file, like: "http://sitename.com/filename.jpg", the application will take the file, specified by the link at the place of its location. If the cell will contain only the name, like "filename.jpg", the application will search for the file in the same folder, where the file of this group of products is located itself.
After you fill all these 30 columns for all your products from a single group, you will have the ready to use file of this group of products. Save it in a folder on your hosting. Please ensure that it has a read access by a direct link. In order to do so, enter the link like the one below into your browser: "http://yourwebsite.com/folderwithcataloguefiles/filename_of_the_group_of_products.csv".
If you have more than one group of products in your database, repeat the steps above for each group of products, create a separate file for each group of products.
If you still have questions, you can contact us here: